Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody knows why games on disk are much cheaper than when downloaded?
So, I was searching on Amazon and some other places to increase my game collection. And I found that all the digital codes and stuff in the stores and on PSN are full price, except for a couple specials, and I can find a lot of the games for $20-$30 and under on Amazon for the disc.

Its just strange they can UPS me a physical disk for about half of what a download would cost.
Anybody knows the reason why?
I agree.
I've always said I loathe days games are digital only.

Many reasons,for eg internet speeds are vary everywhere,as does pricing from ISP's.
Downloading a 40GB can take ages for many of us and also eat up a lot of people's monthly data.

Prices:
I can often buy the disc retail locallly or online for a little over half the price of what new releases are on PSN store,it's a rip off.
You would think digital would be cheaper,cutting out the middle man,no boxes etc etc...but no. Crazy.
Just like Singera pointed out, I also believe that the gamemakers realised that it would make more sense for you to buy than to waste data and time downloading 40-50gig software.
While those who enjoy unlimited data and very speedy connections wont mind, there are those that can not just afford these.
I very rarely download video games unless it's an old school title I have a hard time finding. My games are like my books, I like to be able to hold them and display them which is why I also dont use a kindle for books.
My last PS4 I was all disc no downloads at all except for free PSN games. I had to sell my PS4 and games due to finances before, also why I have not been here in a couple months, and I just bought a new Destiny white PS4 and upgraded to 2tb HD.

The couple games it came with and all my old PSN free games are downloads so I thought about going all digital now.

At double or more the cost of a disc, it looks like that idea is out.
(01-21-2017, 03:22 AM)Singera Wrote: Just like Singera pointed out, I also believe that the gamemakers realised that it would make more sense for you to buy than to waste data and time downloading 40-50gig software.
While those who enjoy unlimited data and very speedy connections wont mind, there are those that can not just afford these.
Your argument seems weird. Did you read the post very well?
I only get games on download that I would massively regret trading in because I do that with all my games. For example GTA or something I actually did smash bros on wiiu

I also get indie games out the wazoo as those are some of the best.
Binding of Isaac titans souls and hotline Miami two all fall under that catagory
I go for discs everytime. Who has time to download stuffs when I can wait for the overnight shipping?
The only time I download is when I want to demo a trial version.
Whenever I want to buy, I ship-in the disk!