Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I charge the DS4 via power outlet?
First up, I understand that this could easily turn out to be a very stupid question but I just need to be sure if it's a viable way. I mean to charge the controller with a USB charger like those that come with phones. If it can be done, I can save myself some money not having to buy the charging dock.
Well, as long as you are 100% sure that they are the same plug. If not then, things could go up in smoke.
Wait a minute...Doesn't the PS4 come with its own USB charging cable? Mines did....

Um...as long as you can guarantee the power output and size of the input are the same then yes.
(01-21-2017, 04:55 AM)WreckTrain Wrote: Wait a minute...Doesn't the PS4 come with its own USB charging cable? Mines did....

Um...as long as you can guarantee the power output and size of the input are the same then yes.

Yes, it does that's why I'm hoping to charge it with a USB adaptor plugged into a power outlet. I don't plan on buying the charging dock and want to have other alternatives to charging without using the console. I'm going to take the leap and try it once my controller is out of charge, wish me luck.
Quote:...wish me luck.
You will need it. Lol.
I havent plugged mine into a wall yet but I do charge it on my PC USB port sometimes.
So I've tried charging it with a power outlet to usb adaptor and it works. The controller will blink orange when the power is turned on and shuts off when fully charged. Charging this way is even better than charging with the console since charging via console doesn't show anything. And it also saves me money from having to buy the charging dock.
Like I said,Ive charged mine from PC USB port,it also pulsates orange,but never seems to stop no matter how long its on for.
Mine does when it's charged via a wall. The light goes away after fully charged, I haven't tried charging with a PC yet. Why would it be different I wonder? Maybe it's because the DS4 can be used on PC and it's waiting for a sync, that's why it doesn't stop pulsating when plugged in.
I generally charge mine with the PC or leave it connected. I don't see why it would be a big problem to charge with a power outlet.