Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I charge the DS4 via power outlet?
(01-21-2017, 04:59 AM)LegionX Wrote: Mine does when it's charged via a wall. The light goes away after fully charged, I haven't tried charging with a PC yet. Why would it be different I wonder? Maybe it's because the DS4 can be used on PC and it's waiting for a sync, that's why it doesn't stop pulsating when plugged in.

Hmnn..ok. Ill try a wall outlet next time and see if the light goes off.
My brother-in-law just keeps his connected, but out of curiosity he has tried the power outlet and it worked. Can't really say if it's okay since we didn't leave it in to be charged for a long time.
The power outlet should work, it does for me when I'm at a friends house. But I never leave it for too long. I don't think charging it in the power outlet would hurt the controller though since I do that with a lot of electronics that have USB cables. It shouldn't be an issue, especially since I have a lot of controllers now.
That's the only way I have ever charged mine by using the wall charger from my PS3, any usb will work.
I considered doing this, but I found that the $20 charge dock provided a nice clean place to store my controllers when I am not playing them, as opposed to leaving them laying around or in a drawer somewhere. So I get dual purpose from my dock... worth the $20 to me, just my opinion.
(01-21-2017, 05:01 AM)Cyberforce Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 04:59 AM)LegionX Wrote: Mine does when it's charged via a wall. The light goes away after fully charged, I haven't tried charging with a PC yet. Why would it be different I wonder? Maybe it's because the DS4 can be used on PC and it's waiting for a sync, that's why it doesn't stop pulsating when plugged in.

Hmnn..ok. Ill try a wall outlet next time and see if the light goes off.

OK,tried this a few times now and the light does go off,takes about 3 hours or so I think.
Good to know it's safe to use the wall outlet. I was wondering about this myself, but never actually tested it.
And to the guys that are wondering if it'll damage the controller or anything don't worry about it. I think the controller cuts power as soon as it's fully charge so it won't overcharge and drain battery life.
I have a few brand new USB cables from various past phones laying around the house that I think will fit the controllers connector. If these fit the controller, I assume they will charge the same.

I hope so, because it would save me some $$ rather than having to guy a USB cable for the second controller I purchased. BTW- controllers should come with their own USB cable.
See, that would make sense, now wouldn't it

As far as charging without a USB wall charger, before I got my charging dock, I just plugged it into the PS4 while in rest mode. Actually, I charge my phone and my ecig in rest mode too