Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I replace DS4 battery with my old DS3?
I just discovered that the DS4 controller actually uses the same kind of battery as the DS3 but at a measly 1000mAh.
Has anyone tried replacing the stock battery with the ones sold as a replacement for the DS3.
I've seen some of them are at 1800mAh so do you reckon they will work on the DS4 too?
Well, I think the trouble is, are you sure those that claim to be 1800mah are actually that?
Are you able to test them?
Its like phone batteries,there are plenty that claim to be higher capacity but few actually are.
Just my two cents.
On dealextreme.com they show a replacement 2000mah pack, I spotted the purple analog sticks and will probably get 2 to try when I order from dx again, I'll be sure to report my findings.
(01-21-2017, 05:34 AM)PorkChopper Wrote: On dealextreme.com they show a replacement 2000mah pack, I spotted the purple analog sticks and will probably get 2 to try when I order from dx again, I'll be sure to report my findings.

I'm interested to know what you find! But yeah, batteries, especially from third parties, often feature less capacity than they're actually advertised for. It's always frustrating to buy, say, a 2000 mAh battery and then find that it really isn't close to that size. You'll fall victim to that for popular smartphone batteries, especially when they come from a third party retailer. I don't know about replacement PS3 batteries, though. Let us know. :]
(01-21-2017, 05:33 AM)WreckTrain Wrote: Well, I think the trouble is, are you sure those that claim to be 1800mah are actually that?
Are you able to test them?
Its like phone batteries,there are plenty that claim to be higher capacity but few actually are.
Just my two cents.

Actually, this is also one of my concerns as there is no way of telling other than reading the reviews on it. Frankly, reviews can be faked so I don't know how reliable they actually are. No seller will let us try the battery out since we know what people say about batteries in general. Actually, before I posted I took the leap an ordered one 2000mAh from eBay for $4 few days ago. Now I'll just wait for it to arrive and see if it does prolong game time. It's $4 only, even if it doesn't it's not too much of a lost.
Hmmm...I dont think i would attempt that.
Just an update. I went ahead and ordered 2 of the 2000mah DX batteries. Will report back or do a write up when I get them.
Cheers.
(01-21-2017, 05:37 AM)PorkChopper Wrote: Just an update. I went ahead and ordered 2 of the 2000mah DX batteries. Will report back or do a write up when I get them.
Cheers.

Look forward to it...
Okay, an update on my last post.

So the battery that I bought of eBay arrived this morning and I already put it into the DS4. Man, opening up the controller was a pain, aside from the 4 screws the cover is clipped together. I had to use a bit of brute force to pry it open. First things first, the battery works used it for a while with no issue so far. Haven't tried charging yet because the battery came fully charged for some reason.

Now as to how long the battery will last with each charge? I don't know yet so I'll keep you guys posted once I got more game time with this new battery.
Cheers Black_Knight, can you let us your thoughts on IF the battery actually lasts longer than the stock battery.