Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Ps4 Mic and party chat.
Yesterday my mic suddenly packed up and simply stopped working and I haven't been able to fix it. I believe the results are causing the mic not being picked up. 

When I go into party chat, and try adjust mic volume, that doesn't work and the only time it is picked up is when I plug my controller into the DS4. 

Could anyone help me find a solution? Thanks in Advance.
Finally!
Something I can help with!

What kind of mic is it? How's configurated? Is it part of the headphones? Where do you plug it? Is it wifi? Circumstances where it stopped working?

Give us details please otherwise it's hard to help you, thank's!
I am not so sure as for the kind of mic and the configuration, but I know it is a Sony headset, with a built in mic. I plug it into my DS4 controller at the headphone jack.
Ok then, firstly, be sure your controller is fully charged, be sure the jack is clean and firmly plugged in.

From the homepage, go to Settings / Devices / Audio Devices / Microphone Level

You should get this screen:
[Image: pDYarsE.jpg]

The 'Microphone level" bar should be set as shown in the image, eventually more.
The "Input volume" bar should fill up by talking into the microphone.

Make a test and tell me what you obtain.
I did what you said and when I ran a test. The input volume didn't spike at all, other than when when I plugged my headphones into the jack and pulled them out.
Ok.

It's now time to check if the problem is your mic or your controller.

Much probably it's the mic, because if it spikes when you plug it in / out means that the controller is sending the signal to the console.

If you have another headset with a mic (the one you use with the smartphone maybe?) plug it in and see what happens.

Or viceversa:

Use your Sony headset with another device, a smartphone or a digital recorder for example.

We need to be sure if the mic is working or not.
Thanks for your help!
I believe the problem would be with my headset as I just tested it.
Glad I could help...I think a new set w/ mic will work probably.