Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your first impressions of Playstation VR
Ever since I picked up my headset to play Rez Infinite and Thumper, I have been flabbergasted by this thing so far. Although, I haven't played any of the move-controller games yet, but I'm just blown away by how nicely it fits my head and how awesome it feels when you have this gigantic world in front of you.

Has anyone else been playing during the night / since you picked it up? How are you feeling about it?
So far, I would say its solid. There is no significant tracking issues. The only problem I've experienced so far is a slight stutter when using the Playstation menu -- never happened in-game.
I know the racing isn't great, but I really LOVE the feeling of driving in VR, I hope we get better games in the genre soon.
So far, I'm very pleased an awed. Whoever built this, designed something a class above the CK1 and Vive (which I have access to but don't own) and the way you attach the band, lock it in place low down on the back of your head (looking forward to see exactly where you need it lined up to avoid any optical smearing), and then slide in the actual headset bit is every bit the delight it seemed during pre-release demos. Consumer version totally work as advertised. I can't get it quite as close to my eyes as I want but that's an issue I have with all the headsets. The soft rubber surrounds here are great for covering the slight gap.
I've only played job simulator for about an hour. It's been pretty smooth but there are some tracking issues.

When I hold the Move controller still, the in game hands still move a little, though not as bad as when Jeff was holding the mouse in the office scenario. Also the tracking freaks out when the Move gets in front of the headset.

I also have a floor lamp that is behind to my right and when I look right the tracking becomes "wobbly," but that issue is on me for keeping that light on.
(01-15-2017, 09:47 AM)High_KeY Wrote: I've only played job simulator for about an hour. It's been pretty smooth but there are some tracking issues.

When I hold the Move controller still, the in game hands still move a little, though not as bad as when Jeff was holding the mouse in the office scenario. Also the tracking freaks out when the Move gets in front of the headset.

I also have a floor lamp that is behind to my right and when I look right the tracking becomes "wobbly," but that issue is on me for keeping that light on.

It gets better...trust me. I love what I have experienced so far!
Just tried Thumper and that thing is the the Devil Daggers of rhythm games. Will probably be my first purchase.