Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you still play your PS3?
I am a little curious to find out how many people still have and regularly play their old Ps3 console.

Do you still have it?
Or have you forever metamorphosed into a PS4 nerd?

As for me, I still do. But I think the time is coming where I'll probably start just being on the PS4. Maybe...
What about you?
I still got my PS3, infact i just bought a second as a back up.

The reason is, name me another electical device, that is a top of the range blu ray player, 3d player, 500 gb storage device for photo's, music, that can access apps like netflix, BBCi player, AND play awesome games all in one device for under £200 ????

Besides so many games for next gen are STILL being made for old gen so very few true next gen only games are out there at the moment,

Add to this a lot of the games for ps3 are now dirt cheap.

THEN add to that the PS Plus is STILL churning out gems for the PS3 like the Hitman HD collection, Prototype,

The way i look at it, there isn't 3 main consoles on the market, there are in fact 6 all competing for my time !

The PS4, Xb1, WiiU, Xbox360, PS3, PS Vita.

The PS4 isn't replacing my PS3, it's just another console in competition with it! That's how i look at this now.
The deals with the Xbox360 and gold are equally as impressive as the deals and free stuff for the PS3 and ps Plus subscribers.

If people consider themselves "gamers", the consoles they are played on are irrelevant and just a platform to access them if you ask me.
(01-15-2017, 11:42 AM)DarkAngel Wrote: If people consider themselves "gamers", the consoles they are played on are irrelevant and just a platform to access them if you ask me.

My exact thoughts!
Go where the games are!
I still use my PS3 almost every day. It may not be used completely for gaming but it still gets a hell of a lot of use. I use it for Netflix and as a Blu-Ray player primarily now.
It's still the best thing out there for that.

The PS4 is horrible as a Blu-Ray player. Besides, my PS3 upconverts DVDs (and does a good job), can play 3D (even though I don't have a 3D tv, lol) and it has the media remote so I don't need to use the controller.

PS4 doesn't have any of that. I'm using my PS4 strictly as a gaming console and probably will continue to do so indefinitely or at least until they a) come out with a media remote (seriously, why have they not yet?) and b) the player's software becomes better than PS3.

Other than that, I have no reason to switch my media playing over to PS4.

I also got two PS3 games for Christmas. My parents got me Borderlands: The Presequel which is getting a lot of play time and my girlfriend got me Walking Dead Season 2 which I have yet to play. So yeah, PS3 ain't getting retired anytime soon
I still have my PS3 and there are same games I simply cannot sell and may play sometimes (like RockBand or Guitar Hero,always fun with a few people).

But honestly apart from that,I dont really play other games on it anymore.

I usually just stick with PS4 now mostly.
Yeah I still have my PS3 and play games on it. Regularly, nope. But I still have it handy...as a proud owner!
I still have my ps3 hooked up. Online GTA gets alot of use and I am tempted to get the mass effect trilogy whilst its on sale as I have never played them and have recently become intruiged with the concept of the game. I always assumed they were just another first person shooter, which I personally don't really enjoy.
(01-15-2017, 11:49 AM)Cyberforce Wrote: I still have my ps3 hooked up. Online GTA gets alot of use and I am tempted to get the mass effect trilogy whilst its on sale as I have never played them and have recently become intruiged with the concept of the game. I always assumed they were just another first person shooter, which I personally don't really enjoy.

I highly recommend Mass Effect. I have played through the trilogy too much, lol. Just be prepared to lose much of your social life
Ha...lol!
Okies....thanks for the heads up!