Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anybody know how I can check my storage space on PS3 ?
Thumbs Up 
Hello all.
I borrowed my brother's PS3 for the weekend. Can someone please tell me how I can check the storage space left on the HDD as I have already downloaded alot of trailers and demos.
Thanks so much in advance!
Hmmm... would love to help but I am on GT5 atm, so i can't check... I think its under settings then system settings.
On the XMB go to Settings, System Settings and System Information, or similar as I'm not at the PS3 now, it should have something like;

21GB / 55GB at the bottom

The first number is the capacity remaining and the second number is the capacity capable.

Hope this helps.
unless its a 40gb in which case it would be...

--/35 GB
(01-20-2017, 06:35 AM)Macho Wrote: unless its a 40gb in which case it would be...

--/35 GB

I have a question actually...

How do you delete the demo's etc etc? I need to free up some space..
(01-20-2017, 06:36 AM)Quinn Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 06:35 AM)Macho Wrote: unless its a 40gb in which case it would be...

--/35 GB

Highlight them and press triangle, select 'Delete'
(01-20-2017, 06:36 AM)Macho Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 06:36 AM)Quinn Wrote:

--/35 GB

Highlight them and press triangle, select 'Delete'

That sounds pretty easy lol 

cheers fella!
(01-20-2017, 06:34 AM)robbie313 Wrote: Hmmm... would love to help but I am on GT5 atm, so i can't check... I think its under settings then system settings.

Ok..Robbie, sorry for bumping the thread.

I borrowed gta 4 from the psn store I had 18Gb and it needed only 11Gb but the problem is is that it says not enought system storage and I paid for it. How does it come that I can't download it?
(01-20-2017, 06:38 AM)SethNillO Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 06:34 AM)robbie313 Wrote: Hmmm... would love to help but I am on GT5 atm, so i can't check... I think its under settings then system settings.

Ok..Robbie, sorry for bumping the thread.

I borrowed gta 4 from the psn store I had 18Gb and it needed only 11Gb but the problem is is that it says not enought system storage and I paid for it. How does it come that I can't download it?

You need the space to download the game, and also the space to install it, so 22Gb ish.

Epic bump btw! Smile
Borrowed?

Anyway, pretty sure you need double the space. So for an 11GB file it would need 22GB. As I would presume it needs the extra (double) space to extract and install from the file you just downloaded.

It says this info on Uncharted's Downloads, but haven't seen it on others, you basicallly need double the space.