Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! My PS3 Drive is not taking in disc!
My system is Kem 450 from 2504B. Won't take in disc. Changed all flat cables with working ones but still no go. What can I do to fix it?
Thanks.
Can you boot the ps3 from standby mode by trying to insert a disc?
Check (measure) these marked fuses.
(01-20-2017, 11:58 AM)Macho Wrote: Can you boot the ps3 from standby mode by trying to insert a disc?
Check (measure) these marked fuses.

Yes.
The ps3 works fine with another drive...
I also tested the not working drive with another ps3, same result. It won't take in bd. Maybe gears, motor? but I don't know how to fix it.
Is the blue led blinking if you try to insert a disc?
There's little to no info on these models.
Are there no circuitboards anymore on these models?
No blue light. the only circuit board is for the in/eject motor i guess.
I will try to put in bd without the drive top cover so I can see if there is any movements.
Well, I think even if the motor would be dead, the blue led should blink and you should be able to start the ps3 if you insert a disc.
Maybe one of the switches is bad?
I tested the three switches with mm and they have continuity if you press them...
I don't know if it's possible but you should also measure 3.3v somewhere on that board, if it's not there, none of the switches will work.

Edit:
Probaby at the solder point left to the printed text on the board
I am so sorry I was using a flat cable for 3k drive motor circuit board which different from the flat cable for 2k. Do you know where I can buy the flat cable for the motor/switch circuit board? All I see that they are selling is flat cable for the lens circuit board.

or maybe you have already an existing diagram for wiring the switch board to the ps3 motherboard?
(01-20-2017, 12:05 PM)SethNillO Wrote: I am so sorry I was using a flat cable for 3k drive motor circuit board which different from the flat cable for 2k. Do you know where I can buy the flat cable for the motor/switch circuit board? All I see that they are selling is flat cable for the lens circuit board.

or maybe you have already an existing diagram for wiring the switch board to the ps3 motherboard?

I thought drives between the 3000 and 2500 were exchangable.
You don't have the cable in upside down? [Image: wink.png]
Or maybe cut a different cable so it fits 

Hardwiring dousnt seem to be so ideal, solder points are very tiny.