Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I sell or keep my PS3?
Ok dude...here is my own 2cents:
You should go for the option that you're most comfortable with. Flip a coin; heads you keep it and tails you sell it. If the coin lands and something in your head says, "Dangit!", then do the opposite of the coin.
Keep it for nostalgia and also for backwards compatibility. Also there are still games coming out for it this year that might interest you. I have all the old consoles and I admit even though I haven't really looked at them in years the fact I still have them makes me happy. Maybe soon when playstation now is released there may be a valid reason to sell up but for now I'd say keep it.
I've kept mine. I've invested a lot of money into my PS3 over the years and if I sell it I feel that I wouldn't get my moneys worth back.

I'd much rather keep it. Besides It is very handy to have, a lot of my friends don't have PS4s yet and I still like to play with them sometimes.

Also, it will be nice to replay some old PS3 classics in a few years time, so yeah....I'll keep it for the nostalgia.
Let me give you my own 2cents...Never sell your PS3.
I still think that the console is worth it.
I mean seeing that the PS4 does not offer backwards compatibility I will tell you that I really think that you should just keep the console so that you will be able to okay your ps3 games.
Definitely keep it, I don't think it's currently worth it to sell it, if it ever will be. It doesn't offer any kind of backwards compatibility and personally, that's something that really matters to me. I wouldn't want all my old games to go to waste, or get rid of them.
(01-21-2017, 06:33 AM)ManTra Wrote: Definitely keep it, I don't think it's currently worth it to sell it, if it ever will be. It doesn't offer any kind of backwards compatibility and personally, that's something that really matters to me. I wouldn't want all my old games to go to waste, or get rid of them.

You're right, selling it will yield little cash. Also, considering the amount of games worth playing on the console and how cheap they will eventually be, there is no reason to sell it. I still have plenty of RPGs to experience on the PS3.
I own a PS2, PS3, PS4 and I will keep all of them. My PSOne got lost and that is the only reason I do not own it anymore. I like keeping my consoles.
Hate to be the black sheep of the family, but I decided not to keep my own PS3.
There are lots of good titles for it, but I know I'd favor the new one so I got rid of it while it still held some value.
Well, I think it depends. For instance, if you need some money to buy the new console, then sell it. If you already have both, then keep it. It all depends on if you really need the money or not. Me, personally, I never sell my stuff unless it's really necessary.
I got both the PS4 and Xbox One the day before they released. I traded in my PS3 and Xbox 360 for the Wii U. Maybe PS Now will help ease the pain of having no backwards compatibility in PS4 and help gamers make the transition to PS4.